Earn Extra Income for FREE!

Monday, August 22, 2011

Lifestyle Bookings!

            Those two words are enough to make some people sick to their stomachs.  The thought of talking to random people in stores or restaurants is a terrifying thought to some people – most people actually.

            I have never loved doing it, but after the first few times, I figured it out, I got a “script” down and I have learned to not hate it anymore.  There are a few things you need to learn about lifestyle bookings.  The first thing you need to get down is your commercial.
            Your commercial is what you say to someone who you want to talk to about your business.  Let’s say that someone in the line at the grocery store comments on your shoes.  If you sell these shoes you can’t just say “thank you” and let the person go on without talking to them about your business!  That is a missed opportunity for at the very least a new contact or at best a new booking or prospect!
           Make a 20 second commercial telling about that product and how it fits into your business.  You need to get their information so you can follow up with them. 

            Let’s go back to that shoe example.  A lady compliments me on my shoes that I sell.  I say, “thank you so much!  These are my favorite shoes in my line that I sell!  I have given 15 pairs of these away for free to ladies who let me show my shoe collection to them and their friends.  Would you like a coupon and catalog?”

             Now, I don’t know about you but I have never had anyone turn me down for me to send them a catalog and a coupon!  I have a tiny notebook and pen in my purse and I pull it out and ask them to just jot down their name, address and phone number so I can get it in the mail to them.  Sometimes they will leave off their phone number.  When they do this, I will say, “oh!  Do you mind writing your phone number down there real quickly so that I can make sure you got the catalog and coupon alright?”  They will usually write it down for you.

            Now, go home and get the catalog and coupon in the mail IMMEDIATELY!  Do not wait.  You want to provide good customer service and let them know that they matter to you.  When it has been about 1 day after they should have received the catalog, you must follow up with them.  Ask them how they like the catalog products.  Then mention any promotions going on, but do not ask them if they would like to host a party with you.  Mention that you would love to show your products to them in person so they can see it up close and if they invite their friends to see it too, then you will give them some free products.
            Spice it up a bit and make it your own, but NEVER let another compliment pass you by without offering the person a look at your catalog!

Happy bookings!

Jules ~ The Fun Party Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment